Indice | Gli autori |
The IX edition of the International Conference Nexus-Relationships between Architecture and Mathematics at Politecnico di Milano, sponsored by Department of Industrial Design and Department of Mathematics comprises a workshop dedicated to Ph.D. students.
The event is sponsored by the Politecnico Ph.D. School and the Design Ph.D. program of Department INDACO and by the National (Italian) Ph.D. School in “Science of Representation and Architectural Survey”.
The “Nexus Ph.D. Day” is meant to be an international and multi disciplinary meeting between Ph.D. students involved in scientific researches in the fields that are connected to the topic of the Conference. It intends to promote didactic and research exchanges trough interactions between various schools from different countries.
This will give the opportunity to Ph.D. students and young Ph.D. fellow, who have defensed their thesis in 2010 or later, to show their work to a large international academic community, by the oral presentation of selected lecture and a poster session related to the conference one, to improve a meeting among people working on similar issues, generally concerning the relationships between Architecture and Mathematics in all the different scales of design.
The papers that are presented in the Ph.D. Day and those only published in the printed proceedings were selected with double blind review from anonimous revisers.
3) Theory and analysis of Design in Architecture, landscape and artefacts
4) Design grammars, morphology, parametrical transformation, complex shapes and structures in Architecture and Industrial Design
5) Harmony and Architecture (music and proportions)
6) The digital ’lecture’: a syntesis of History, Science and Architetcture
7) The digital model: innovative methods of Survey and Representation From Mathematics to visualization
9) Nexus poster session
a cura di Michela Rossi